5/9/2014: Local news in brief
At the end of the day, the most important news headlines from Crete.
- Car accident in Stalos. A young motorcyclist was seriously injured and he is hospitalized in a coma in General Hospital of Chania.
- 65 year old tourist drowned in the morning at Agia Marina.
- A motorcyclist was injured in a car accident early in the morning at Souda Av.
- Water shutoff in Kalives next Monday from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Chania sightseeing top-10 by greekreporter.com
- 23,32% increase of arrivals in Chania airport in August.
- 56 year old from Apokoronas arrested by the police. He had 52 gr of cannabis and 760 gr of smuggled tobacco.
- Four members of the new Municipal Council of Gavdos deducted because they refused to take oath, as decided by the General Secretary of Devolved Admnistration of Crete, Mr. Grigoris Rokadakis.
- Fisherman from Loutro caught a small shark close to the island of Gavdopoula.
- 282 years imprisonment for 4 traffickers who brought 138 illegal immigrants from Turkey to Ierapetra (2013).
- “If the national road from Kastelli to Sitia (VOAK) was in private sevtor concessions 2-3 years ago, you would have a perfect road in Crete”, mentions the Ministry of Infrastructure to the Region of Crete and the Development Agency of Crete (OAK), after a meeting in Athens.
- 7 year old child injured in a car accident on the coastial road.
- 41 year old arrested for public debt of a total amount of 52.000 euros.
- 33 year old illegal immigrant from Eritrea tried to fly from “Nikos Kazantzakis” airport to Italy with fake ID and false documents.
- Water shutoff in Ierapetra from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.