12/9/2014: Local news in brief
At the end of the day, the most important news headlines from Crete.
- Kandanos Elementary School occupied by parents because of its degradation.
- Chania Mayor Tassos Vamvoukas met Heraklion Mayor Vassilis Lambrinos. They discussed about issues related to the problems of the Municipalities.
- Chania Hotels Association is asking from local Police to take measures for traffic and noise coming from cars and ATVs.
- What is going on in the Hospital of Rethymnon?
- Two arrests in a cafe-bar. The owners were not issuing any receipts.
- Port of Heraklion and International Airport of Kastelli will be funded by EU.
- Dr. Ioannis Pallikaris, from UOC Medical School, becomes manager of Dunyagoz Hospitals in Turkey.
- Kariatides.gr for sale on Ebay by a Cretan seller.
- Police and Port Authority in Messara are looking for illegal immigrants.
- Financial controversy in the Municipality of Heraklion.
- Two travelers from Crete just like… Phileas Fogg!
- A 24 year old man was arrested in Heraklion, having 47 gr of cannabis.
- A man was slightly injured in a car accident in the city center.
- Two Albanians were arrested in Agios Nikolaos, having 34,5 gr of hashish.