1/10/2014: Local news in brief (night edition)
At the end of the day, the most important news headlines from Crete:
- Dead fan of Ethnikos was burried at St. Demetrius cemetery, Platanias
- Not again!!! Another fatal motorcycle accident in Crete
- VIDEO: An octopus plays with the camera at Balos Lagoon
- A 61 year old man was arrested for a public debt, over 100.000 euros
- Ministry of Economics sent an ENFIA Tax document to a 34 year old woman with severe autism!
- 2013: Crete Sees Rise In Arrivals, Overnight Stays
- Giorgos Archontakis (Head Doctor at the General Hospital of Chania), member of the Municipal Council of Chania (opposition party with Mr. Manolis Skoulakis), announced that from now on he will be an independent member
- 8 out of 10 cruise tourists want to visit Heraklion again, according to a survey from the Local Port Authority
- “We have to save the house of Nikos Kazantzakis”
- Meeting at the Region of Crete for measures over blue tongue fever
- 300.000 euros for two lucky men from Heraklion and Mires, who won the lottery
- A 45 year old burglar (he committed more than 20 burglaries) was arrested by the Police
- Cretaquarium-“Thalassokosmos” will be open during winter, every day from 09:30 a.m. to 17:00 p.m.
- British Ambassador will be in Heraklion on Friday to speak at an event of Bodossakis Foundation
- A 24 year old Syrian was arrested at “Nikos Kazantzakis” airport, trying to fly to Italy with fake ID and documents
- A 47 year old man fell in a well at Lefkohori. He was rescued by his neighbors
- Deputy Minister of Development & Competitiveness, Mr. Odisseas Konstantinopoulos visited Heraklion and met with Prefect of Crete, Mr. Stavros Arnaoutakis
- A pensioner of IKA asked to the local office at Heraklion if it is possible to replace his denture -because he cannot eat- and they told him to go again in one year!