13/10/2014: Local news in brief (day edition)
During the day, the most important news headlines from Crete:
- A new case of pedophilia in Chania?
- New tax in regional airports after their privatization
- Small fire at a kitchen’s house between Mournies and Perivolia
- Members of SYRIZA in Crete (Mihalis Kritsotakis-MP, Giorgos Agorastakis) are asking from the Prefect of Crete, Mr. Stavros Arnaoutakis and Vice Prefects of Chania and Rethymnon, to proceed to all legal actions required, in order to discuss the case of privatization of regional airports in European Court
- There are more than 20 outbreaks of bluetongue in Apokoronas, as announced in an information day at the Municipality of Apokoronas
- Department of Tourism is expected to operate at the University of Crete (Rethymnon), as announced by the Minister of Education, Mr. Andreas Loverdos
- The explosion at Vorizia, which destroyed a house, seems to be caused by gas leak
- Two Cretans won 76.000 € each in Joker lottery!
- Arrest of a 36 year old man from Congo at “Nikos Kazantzakis” airport. He tried to fly to Germany with fake ID and documents
- Small fire at the reeds below Giofiro
- MEU Creta 2014
- Three Cretan hotels under “Sentido Hotels & Resorts Group”
- “I apologize to my family for what I have done”, said the treasurer of the former Municipality of Neapolis, Lassithi, during his apology at the Court of Law