The Moody’s ratings firm on Monday downgraded the long-term deposit and senior debt ratings of five Greek banks, specifically:
- Piraeus Bank SA (to Caa2 from Caa1),
- National Bank of Greece SA (to Caa2 from Caa1),
- Alpha Bank AE (to Caa2 from Caa1),
- Eurobank SA (to Caa3 from Caa2) and
- Attica Bank SA (to Caa3 from Caa2).
According to the firm, “…All ratings were placed on review for further downgrade. The rating actions follow Moody’s decision to place Greece’s Caa1 sovereign rating on review for downgrade on 6 February 2015.”