March 31, 2015: Local News In Brief
At the end of the day, the most important news headlines from Crete:
- Greek court puts a brake on beach exploitation by municipalities
- Medical equipment for the regional clinic of Gavdos
- Click Your Way to Greece… Through Google Street View. Explore Balos and Samaria Gorge
- Court of State decided that the operation of the olive mill in Korfalonas, Kissamos is illegal and has to close immediately, as it is dangerous for the environment and also the health and safety of workers and citizens
- Mother of Vaggelis Giakoumakis testified once more in the Police
- University of Crete is the best in Greece
- A 47 year old man was arrested for a public debt of 70.000 euros
- Profil Mag: “Crete is the biggest and richest island of Greece”
- He escaped from Alikarnassos prison and arrested in Agrinio
- A 60 year old woman was arested for a public debt of 95.000 euros
- A 34 year old man from Cameroon was arrested in Heraklion airport, as he tried to fly to Germany with fake ID and passport
- Nick Cave to release soundtrack to Loin Des Hommes featuring Cretan singer Psarantonis!
- Greek bureaucracy… They are calling a quadriplegic boy from Crete to join the army!
- Six beaches for people with special needs will be ready in Ierapetra by the end of May