SafeChania 2015: The Knowledge Triangle in the Civil Protection Service (Education, Research, Innovation)
The workshop focuses on the integration of education, research and innovation
(the knowledge triangle) for the benefit of Civil Protection services, such as:
- Natural Disasters: forest fires, earthquakes, floods, landslides, rockfall events, volcanic activity, tsunamis, etc.
- Industrial Accidents: water and air pollution, energy, mining industry, large infrastructure (i.e. dams) collapse, etc.
- Transportation Accidents: major maritime / aviation / train accidents, transport of hazardous materials, etc.
- Other incidents: search and rescue, humanitarian aid, emergency response centers, etc.
Representatives from Academia, education, public authorities and private sector, and world-class researchers will present their work in respective fields, indicatively:
- Integrated sensor systems, Monitoring, Prevention and Analysis Systems;
- Earth observation systems including Satellite Remote Sensing and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles;
- Case studies; Educational programs.
Key-note lectures from decision makers and stakeholders will be provided.
During the workshop parallel events for networking and joint project preparation will take place.
Participants wishing to present their work have to submit an abstract by 20-March-2015 and a paper by 4-May-2015. Oral and poster sessions will be included into the SafeChania2015 program.
All accepted papers will be freely available through the workshop’s on-line Book of Proceedings.
Selected papers will be peer-reviewed and included into an International Journal Special Issue.