Municipal Bike Sharing System in Chania
The municipal bike sharing system was officially launched operation on Tuesday. The first who borrowed a bicycle was the Mayor of Chania, Mr. Tassos Vamvoukas (photo).
The bicycles are available at the following points:
- Talos Sq.
- Katehaki Sq.
- Defkalionos Sq.
- Markopoulou Sq.
Step 1: Borrow a bicycle
To borrow a bicycle you must be a registered user of the system.
If you are not a registered user, click here to see “How do I Sign-up”.
- Insert your CycloCard in the reader (or type your CycloName) and press “next” on the screen.
- Enter your PIN.
- Choose “Get a bike“. On the screen you can see your bike’s stand number.
- Walk to the bike stand and press the flashing button.
- Pull the bike backwards.
Step 2: Use a bicycle
- Check the tires, brakes, the bell and adjust the height of the bicycle you have borrowed.
- Read our tips for safe cycling, which are indicated on the station’s kiosk.
You are ready for the bike ride!
Step 3: Return the bicycle
- Push the bike in the free slot of the station. The system is automatically informed. Locking is confirmed by changing sound and the blinking green light. Please Confirm that the bicycle is locked properly, otherwise it remains indebted to you!
System sign up procedure
In order to register in the system you have three choices:
A. Station-kiosk ( pay once 1,00 € )
1. Press «Subscribe»
2. Follow the instructions on the screen.
3. An sms with your passwords will be sent to the address and mobile – number you have provided.
B. Webpage ( pay once 1,00 € )
1. Click Here or go from homepage www.chania.gr/bikes at the top right, «Sign up».
2. Fill in the registration form.
3. To the e-mail provided, you will receive a message with a link in its content. Follow the link to confirm the registration.
II. Account activation
1. Type the cycloname / cyclopin and then click «Log in» at the top right of the homepage www.chania.gr/bikes.
2. Click «Activate Account», then «Account Activation» and then click «Purchase now via card».
3. Type your Credit / Debit card number or pay via Viva Wallet.
4. Wait till you receive a confirmation mail sent upon completion of transaction.
C. Citizen’s Office of Municipality of Chania ( FREE )
1. Make a Photocopy of
a) your Passport or Greek national ID
b) Greek official document with Tax Registration Number (E1, etc)
2. Go to the Citizen’s Office of Municipality of Chania (Ypsilanton & Mylonogianni).
4. Receive free CycloName & CycloPin.
You are ready to borrow a bike and enjoy your ride!
- To use the Common Bike system you must be a registered user of the system ( subscriber ) .
- During the term of your subscription , you can take the bike as often as you want and use it for free for three ( 3) hours .
- After you return the bike you can pick up a new bike for three hours . This can be repeated until the closing of the station at 21.00 .
- You can return the bike to the same or any other System station.
- If you exceed the three (3 ) hours free time , it will impose ” Late Return ” fine to you depending on the delay time and will prohibit further use of the system until the payment of the fine .
- For more information see the [regulations] for Automatic Bike Sharing System