Economy Minister Stathakis says his wealth statement is complete

The three wealth statements submitted to parliament are absolutely complete and no data has been concealed, Economy, Development and Tourism Minister Giorgos Stathakis told ANA-MPA on Thursday, commenting on the furore from an ongoing investigation into the wealth statements submitted by two members of the government.

“In June 2012 I was elected MP and submitted a wealth statement in September which may had been incomplete and premature. On the contrary the statement I submitted in September 2013 was complete and included all the additional information along with the amount in question,” he told the news agency.

“The wealth statement of 2014 was just as complete. Although the issue had concluded with the two statements, when I took over as minister I considered appropriate – although it was redundant – to submit an additional statement in March 2015 which concerns exclusively the statement of 2012 and just repeats the information submitted the next year,” he added.

“Therefore, I never concealed any information and my three statements are complete and will be judged by the Committee,” he concluded.

ANA-MPA

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.