Even on a Sunday, Naval Support Activity Souda Bay is open for business.
The installation’s Triad turned out to greet a Congressional Delegation making a refueling stop on their way back to the United States.
The official party and guests deplaned for a little more than hour, boarded a bus and, as the plane was refueled, got a windshield tour of the installation guided by Capt. Michael R. Moore, commanding officer, Naval Support Activity Souda Bay.
The bus stopped at Shipmates so guests could get a cup of coffee or tea and visit with patrons.
Some opted to walk across the street to spend a few minutes at the Navy Exchange. When the plane was ready, everyone boarded the bus to be taken back to the air terminal.
- Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) plus spouse
- Senator Mike Enzi (R-WY) plus spouse
- Senator Mike Rounds (R-SD) plus spouse
- Congressman Reid Ribble (R-WI) plus spouse
- Congressman Randy Hultgren (R-IL) plus spouse
- Congressman Tim Walberg (R-MI)