Greece Ranks Third in Exports to Germany
Greece ranked third in the import of oranges to Germany, with a market share of 2.8 percent in the 2013-2015 period, a report by the Greek embassy’s economic and trade affairs bureau in Munich said on Thursday.
Spain ranked first with a market share of 81.7 percent of imports, followed by Italy with 5.9 percent. In total, German imports of oranges came from EU countries (90.9 percent), with the remaining 9.1 percent from third countries.
2015 imports grew 25.2 percent from the previous year. German exports of oranges were distributed to Austria (15.3 percent), followed by Poland (14.4 percent) and France (12.4 percent). German orange exports grew 25.3 pct in 2015.
Wholesale prices were 56 euros per 100 kilos for Greek navel, 66 euros for Egyptian valencia late, 79 euros for Moroccan salustiana, 82 euros for Spanish Lane late, 81 euros for Spanish navel, 83 euros for Spanish navelate, 73 euros for Spanish navelina, 83 euros for Spanish salustiana and 88 euros for Turkish washington navel.
Orange grow covers an area of 147.7 thousand hectares in Spain, 84.5 thousand in Italy, 37.1 thousand in Greece and 54 thousand hectares in Turkey.