Jet2.com: 1 million seats for Greece in 2018
Jet2.com‘s entire Summer 18 programme is now on sale, with 37 new routes, over 9.6 million seats and thousands of 2-5 star hotels available – representing its biggest ever flights and holidays programme!
Across its nine UK bases the carrier has almost one million extra seats on sale for Summer 18 meaning an 11% increase in capacity. A fleet of 82 aircraft will support this programme which covers 57 destinations and 292 routes in total.
The launch of new routes as well as existing route growth means that it will operate more than 2,000 weekly flights at peak times and over 50,000 flights in total, giving holidaymakers more frequency and more flexible durations than ever.
Key highlights with Jet2.com, which was recently named Best Airline – UK and Best Low-Cost Airline – Europe in the inaugural TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards for airlines, and Jet2holidays which offers great value ATOL protected package breaks through a £60 per person deposit, include:
- Significant expansion of Halkidiki and Costa de Almeria. Both destinations are available for the first time with Jet2.com and Jet2holidays for Summer 17 and are seeing growth for 2018.
- Growth to Turkey with a 60% capacity increase representing over 140,000 additional seats for Summer 18.
- Expansion in Greece, with over 250,000 additional seats for Summer 18. Kefalonia, Kos, Rhodes and Corfu all have more seats and capacity.
- Over 75,000 additional seats to Italy, with Naples and Verona seeing growth.
- Over 110,000 additional seats to Cyprus
- Expansion of key city destinations, in particular Krakow, Prague and Split.
- More capacity and seats to the most popular sunspots, including 920,000 seats to Alicante, more than 700,000 seats to Faro, over 940,000 seats to Palma and over 1.4 million seats to the Canary Islands.
Just weeks after commencing flights and holidays from London Stansted and Birmingham Airports, Jet2.com has announced massive expansion next summer from both bases with 13 new routes from Birmingham and five new routes from London Stansted. There is also significant growth at Belfast International with Northern Ireland holidaymakers set to enjoy EIGHT brand new destinations, including six exclusive routes.
Its family friendly flight and real package holidays are continuing to drive growth across established bases too. There are new routes and more frequent flights at Leeds Bradford, Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle and Edinburgh Airports.
Steve Heapy, CEO of Jet2.com and Jet2holidays said: “This will be our biggest summer programme, giving holidaymakers more choice and flexibility than ever with our award-winning airline and package holiday operator. Such sustained growth is only possible by looking after our customers, which shows that our continued investment into offering great value package holidays and family friendly flights is working. Our success across our new and existing bases proves that our formula is the right one.”
- 22 destinations including EIGHT NEW hotspots: Antalya, Costa de Almeria, Crete, Madeira, Malta, Naples and Rhodes (all exclusive apart from Malta and Rhodes)
- 400,000 seats available, a 39% growth year on year
- Addition of a Boeing 737-800 aircraft to serve this growth
- 28 destinations including a HUGE 13 new summer hotspots: Antalya, Costa de Almeria, Larnaca (Cyprus), Kos, Krakow, Halkidiki (exclusive), Madeira, Malta, Naples, Prague, Rome, Split, Zante
- Almost 200 weekly flights and 900,000 seats available, a 53% growth on summer 17
- Addition of two brand new Boeing 737-800 aircraft meaning six aircraft operating from Birmingham Airport
- 32 destinations
- Almost 200 weekly flights and 920,000 seats available for the biggest holiday operator at East Midlands
- More flights and more seats to Halkidiki, Paphos, Naples and Verona.
- 29 destinations including THREE NEW EXCLUSIVE routes: Bodrum, Kefalonia and Halkidiki
- More than 160 weekly flights and 870,000 seats available (over 25,000 more than Summer 17)
- More flights and more seats to Antalya, Cyprus (Larnaca), Rhodes and Zante.
Leeds Bradford Airport
- 46 destinations including NEW destination La Rochelle
- More than 160 weekly flights, and further growth means over 1.6 million seats available
- Thousands more seats than Summer 17 and additional aircraft allowing for more capacity, frequency and flexibility
- 30 destinations including 5 new summer hotspots: Bodrum, Costa de Almeria, Halkidiki, Kefalonia and Verona
- Over 200 weekly flights and more than one million seats available, a 33% growth on summer 17
- Addition of two Boeing 737-800 aircraft meaning eight aircraft operating from London Stansted Airport
- 42 destinations including NEW destination Verona
- 400+ weekly flights, and further growth means 2.2 million seats available
- Addition of a widebody Airbus A330 aircraft with 327-seats
- More flights and more seats to Halkidiki, Costa de Almeria, Kos, the Canary Islands, Faro, Kefalonia, Cyprus, Reus, Gran Canaria and Crete
- 31 destinations including NEW EXCLUSIVE routes: Bodrum and Halkidiki
- 190+ weekly flights and 880,000 seats available
- More flights and more seats to Cyprus (Larnaca and Paphos), Costa de Almeria, Ibiza and Reus