Twenty-six Greek hotels won the title of the Umwelt Champion for 2019 awarded by TUI Travel group.
The prize has been awarded since 1996 to hotels around the planet that host TUI customers and stand out for their exceptional quality environmental, ecological and social standards.
The hotels that were distinguished use local organic products, support charitable activities in their communities and are characterized by the water and electricity-saving systems along with environmentally friendly products.
The hotels elected as candidates are required to have a valid certificate of renewability, with TUI customers having a say in the winners through a questionnaire.
As TUI underlines, pro-environmental hotels are increasingly being requested by their customers. The full list of the 26 Greek hotels that have been awarded Environmental Champions for 2019 include:
- Agapi Beach Resort
- Anemos Luxury Grand Resort
- Atlantica Akti Zeus
- best FAMILY Aquila Rithymna Beach
- Cactus Royal
- Cretan Malia Park
- Grecotel Creta Palace
- Grecotel White Palace
- Hotel Apollonia Beach Resort & Spa
- TUI MAGIC LIFE Candia Maris
- TUI SENSIMAR Elounda Village Resort & Spa
- TUI SENSIMAR Minos Palace
- Hotel Apollo Blue Palace
- Lindos Mare
- Princess Andriana Resort & Spa
- Rhodos Horizon Resort
- TUI SENSIMAR Atlantica Imperial
- Astir Odysseus
- Hotel Caravia Beach
- Neptune Hotels, Convention Centre & Spa
- ROBINSON Club Daidalos
- TUI SENSIMAR Oceanis Beach & Spa Resort
- TUI SENSIMAR Palazzo del Mare
- Grecotel Olympia Riviera & Aqua Park
- ROBINSON Club Kyllini Beach