A taverna was completely destroyed after an explosion of gas bottles.

Incident occurred at Imbros, Sfakia, shortly after 6 a.m. on Friday morning.

A small fire broke out in the warehouse of the taverna, due to a short-circuit, and extended to the place where the owner was keeping seven gas bottles.

The blast demolished the taverna and caused major damage to other houses of the village.

The woman-owner of the taverna called the Fire Service Dept. of Vrisses, but finally she managed to extinguish the small fire by herself.

Thankfully, the taverna was closed.