There are two excellent resources you can use to get information about how the U.S. Navy and the Department of Defense are responding to COVID-19:
1.) Navy Live – The official blog of the U.S. Navy has the latest policies and leadership messages on COVID-19:
2.) Defense.gov – the Defense Department’s official website has news stories and video:
– Spotlight on Coronavirus: https://www.defense.gov/Explore/Spotlight/Coronavirus/
– Watch Live Events: See a schedule of upcoming briefings from senior leaders of all services in the Pentagon Briefing Room: https://www.defense.gov/Watch/Live-Events/
– Video On Demand: Watch video on demand of past briefings and other events by going to: https://www.defense.gov/Watch/Video/dvpcc/false/…
See below for updates on the Greek restrictions of movement:
1. Going to the beach to swim is not one of the activities allowed under exemption #6, personal exercise. In addition, using marine recreational vehicles, such as kayaks, jet skis and boats, is not allowed. The fine for doing so is 150 euro.
2. For passenger vehicles with up to 5 seats, the driver and up to one passenger is allowed, in addition to the driver. For vehicles with 6 or 7 seats, up to 2 passengers are allowed, in addition to the driver. For vehicles with 8 or 9 seats, up to 3 passengers are allowed, in addition to the driver. For all of these examples, parents of children can both be in the vehicle (driver and passenger) along with their children, as long as all safety rules are followed. The children must all be from the same family (you still can’t take your neighbor’s kids with you).
Please remember that these restrictions remain in effect when you are aboard NSA Souda Bay; passenger vehicles with up to 5 seats should have a maximum of 2 adults.
If you have questions regarding these updates, please ask your supervisor or chain of command. You can also post your questions in the comments or send us a private message.
Capt. Ryan T. Tewell provides a COVID-19 update and emphasizes social distancing measures in this video message to NSA Souda Bay.